Neuroscience Catalyst is seeking Letters of Intent (LOI) by August 31, 2015 from researchers investigating treatments for mood disorders, Alzheimer’s disease and related dementias.
How to apply
To submit a LOI for consideration, please download and complete the “Letter of Intent Form” found below. To submit your completed LOI for consideration, click on “Submit Letter of Intent” to complete a short submission form, upload your LOI and the short form Curriculum Vitae for the Primary Investigator. Submission deadline is August 31, 2015 at 5 pm ET.
Please be sure to receive institutional endorsement through the “My Research Applications” (MRA) on the UT website prior to submission to Neuroscience Catalyst.
Application and Review Process
- Submitted LOIs by Applicants will undergo review by a Joint Steering Committee (JSC) composed of representatives from the University of Toronto, Janssen Inc. and Johnson & Johnson Innovation. Members of the JSC are subject matter experts and have extensive experience in drug discovery and development in industrial and academic settings, basic and translational research in mood disorders, Alzheimer’s and neurodegenerative disease, as well as extensive experience in biotechnology company creation and investment.
- Selected Applicants will be invited to meet with the Joint Steering Committee for a face-to-face presentation.
- The top research teams at this stage (“Finalists”) will then be selected and invited to submit a full-length proposal. These teams will receive important advice and additional expertise required in crafting the full research proposal.
- Full research proposals submitted by finalists will be sent for external peer advisory review. (Note that applicants will have an opportunity to recommend external peer reviewers at this stage)
- Top-ranked successful research proposals will be funded according to a budget developed in collaboration with the JSC.